Catch new leads.
Do you ever wanted to add a Facebook widget to your WordPress site? Showing your FB activity on your website is better for content marketing and catching leads. Here’s how to add a Facebook widget to your WordPress website’s sidebar or in the footer widget section. And never miss the opportunity to grab likes and connect with new visitors.
Video for the tutorial
1. We are going to use the easiest way, using a plugin. Go the the WP dashboard > Plugins > Add new
2. Search for the plugin. Its called “WS Facebook Like Box Widget”. Click “Install Now” once you found that, then click “Activate Plugin”.
3. Now go to Appearance > Widgets. You will noticed that the plugin has added a new widget to the site. Drag the widget to the “Widget Area” you want to display the Facebook updates. Some themes, comes with a social media widget already installed. Feel free to use a pre-installed widget if you’d prefer.
4. On the settings enter the ID for your Facebook page under “Page ID”. In my case, my page URL is “https://www.facebook.com/sam007n/”. So the ID is “sam007n”. Adjust the settings to your liking, keep in mind you can delete the header and un-check “Show Header”. Also you can use a custom width and hight for the widget. But I recommend you to delete the width value and just have the height only. And say YES to “Adapt to plugin container width:”. It will match the width of the widget the the width of the sidebar which will looks nice. Then click “Save & Publish”.
5. That’s it! You just added a wonderful Facebook widget to your website. Now it’s time to get sharing!